Monday 24 November 2014

Manicure Mondays

After a weekend trip to Townsville my nail polish was not in the best condition for the week ahead. As Lord of Brisvegas was working late I decided to indulge myself to an in-house manicure whilst watching my guilty pleasure 'Khloe and Kourtney Take the Hamptons'.
Evidence of nail polish who has seen better days!
 
For the weekend I had decided to wear OPI's 'Thrill of Brazil' as you can never go wrong with a traditional red nail polish colour. However now that playtime was over and it was back to work I had to pick something a bit more demure. It was a tough choice between old faithful 'Koala Berry' and Elephantastic Pink' however the pink won out.
 
 Tough choices to be made regarding colour

 

After removing the chipped nail polish I slathered my hands in OPI's Avoplex handcream and then treated my cuticles to a nice dose of cuticle oil of the same brand. I soon regretted forgetting to use a base coat so there is a slight red stain remaining.

 
 
Tools of the trade below - OPI Avoplex Handcream
 
OPI Avoplex cuticle oil



 After prepping my nails for the new colour I applied three coats of Elephantastic Pink' which is necessary with this particular polish. I definitely remembered to apply a base coat (OPI of course!) after staring at my slightly stained nail bed before painting the colour on. I also applied OPI's top coat and finished the manicure off with a coat of OPI's Rapi-Dry - just be careful not applying too thick and not waiting a few minutes as it can make the polish have a bubbling finish.
The final coat must be OPI's Rapi-Dry
 
Unfortunately as I write this post a few chips have appeared but such is life and nothing a quick touch up cant fix.

The end result! (Needs a tidy up around the edges)
 
Is anyone else an OPI fanatic? Does Essie or China Doll work as well? Let me know your  at home manicure tip and the best tip will get a free bottle of OPI's Koala Berry (which is my favourite go to polish).
 


3 comments:

  1. Dear L o BV, am I the first of many comments you will receive on your blog?!
    Lovely manicure. :D
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flore Fascinata

      Since you are the only commenter - you get the free giveaway of OPI polish.

      Please let me know the best way to contact you!

      Delete
  2. Yes you are most definitely my first comment! I would love to know your tip for an at home manicure. At the moments the odds are pretty good for the OPI Koala Berry!

    ReplyDelete