Friday 2 January 2015

Farewell to 2014 & Welcome to 2015! - a recap of how I spend my last weeks of the year

In past years once 1st of December rolls around things tend to typically wind down.

Typically - however the end of 2014 seemed like the busiest time of the year, with parties, birthday, work and getting ready for Christmas, it just never seemed to end!

December is always a special and exciting month as it is Christmas and my birthday!

Firstly I had a couple of christmas parties to attend in mid December, one in which involved many yummy cocktails (evidence in the photo below).

Yummy mojitios (I think)!

Then it was my birthday which was a lovely day filled with presents, food, champagne, chocolate and most importantly cake. Even though I had to work it a great day and my husband even picked up on the  hint from my christmas wish list.

Chocolate from Lord of Brisvegas - yum!

He also thought it would be funny to present me with a Spongebob Square pants cake for morning tea :S

 I went to my parent's house for dinner and some delightful pink balloons were tied to the letterbox. Lovely!

 Beautiful rose and wrapped gifts from Lord of Brisvegas

 Nothing like a glass of champers to finish of a working birthday!
 More presents from family!

So lucky - these brushes are now mine! Amazing so look out for a review later on the blog

 Nothing like a bit of Napoleon to brighten your day!

It is certainly no secret for my love of Napoleon Perdis cosmetics and the brushes certainly do not disappoint. I live by their founder's catch phrase 'its a crime not to prime. Props to Lord of Brisvegas for tracking down the last box set in Brisbane. 

A much needed vase - thanks to Mum and Dad for picking up on hints.

Mum and Dad also kindly gave me a some moolah for my sewing machine that is currently on lay by. Very excited to be getting my brand new Brother machine very soon.

Sticky Date cupcakes were very delicious and the leftovers kept me satisfied for a few days. 

Billicart Salmon - certainly no finer drop!

After a few busy days at work it was suddenly Christmas Day and the feasting was definitely underway with the family. Loved the festive crockery that Mum picked up from kmart. Christmas Breakfast included smoked salmon, baked spinach, poached eggs and croissants. Then later on we sat down to a late lunch of turducken, ham, roast vegetables and then a desert of christmas pudding, ice cream and cream. 


Beautiful wrapping by good friend L. 

Present time!
 Between breakfast and the late lunch we opened presents and I was lucky enough to get some new earphones, a pandora charm for my bracelet, Elizabeth Arden Make up kit, more money off my sewing machine lay-by and a passport holder from my favourite store Kiki-K.

A sneaky games of Cards Against Humanity was played as well.

How else did I spend the last weeks of 2014?

Well I am slowly getting around to ticking off books on my holiday reading list such as  'Lean In' by Sheryl Sandberg and Confessions of a Qantas Flight Attendant. 



Channeling my inner DVF with a wrap dress before heading off to work.

In the downtime between Christmas and New Year the Lord and I went off to ikea to do a bit of home organisation. It was busy but worth the hotdog and ice cream at the end.

We came home with this and a few other goodies for the house.

So farewell to 2014 and bring on 2015! It has a been a great year however I love the freshness of a new year. 

What did you do get up for Christmas and New Year? We spend it with some good friends eating great food and of course another game of Cards Against Humanity!





No comments:

Post a Comment